Two crushed 'Special Brew' cans cast in bronze, painted to look real and mounted on a bronze plate.
This pair of crushed cans found by the artist discarded and flattened by vehicles, cast in bronze and painted to look real, is a reference to Jasper Johns’ Beer Cans (1960), in a classic moment of Pop art when the low culture of the street was glorified in the gallery. Turk’s version is degraded and crushed. Special Brew is the high strength beer of choice for the street dweller escaping from reality.
- Burnt Out - Kunsthaus Baselland, 2008
- Waste Not Want Not - Galleri Veggerby, 2006
- Ha ha ha! - Almine Rech (Paris), 2005
- White Elephant - Sean Kelly Gallery, 2005
- L’Amour Fou - David Nolan Gallery, 2013
- Sculpture Show - Patricia Low Contemporary St. Moriz, 2014
- Cracks in Reality - Marta Herford Museum, 2017